We have a broad spectrum of experience in advising clients in the education sector. We have advised organisations operating pre-schools, K-12 schools, colleges, coaching classes, etc. in relation to various regulatory aspects and have assisted them with their internal structuring. We have also assisted various organizations in the education sector in investments as well as acquisitions to consolidate their respective businesses
in the sector.
An illustrative list of the transactions in which our team was involved can be accessed here:
Anupam Shukla, Partner
- Advising Gaja Capital along with its co-investors and founders in sale of the majority stake in Eurokids Group to KKR.
- Advising Narayana Group in relation to the investment by Morgan Stanley
- Advising SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies in its collaboration with the Institute of Risk Management, United Kingdom.
- Advising Gaja Capital with respect to its acquisition of the Kangaroo Kids Group.
- Advising on the establishment of the Gera School in Goa and the set-up of a public charitable trust in Maharashtra to operate K12 schools in Maharashtra and Goa
- Advising Gaja Capital in acquiring majority stake in Educational Initiatives.
- Advising Elpro International School in Pune in its arrangement with Global Indian International School; and providing advice on issues relating to fee regulation legislation, state government NOCs and compliance with provisions of the Right to Education Act and rules
- Advising Gaja Capital in its investment in Eurokids Group.
- Advising Bombay International School in conducting a legal review of its operations
- Advising the Sri Sai Trust, which operates K -12 schools in Orissa, with respect to certain commercial transactions relating to development of its immovable property.
- Advising Kalyani Group in exploring the possibilities of setting up a university and the regulatory framework relating to the establishment and management of private universities; setting up a business management school in India; and ventures with foreign institutes/universities for setting up institutions in India.
- Advising a Dubai based education group with respect to proposed acquisition of certain preschools and K12 schools owned by a group based out of Kerala