Our team at Pioneer Legal has a broad spectrum of experience in the Financial Services Sector.
An illustrative list of transactions in which our team was involved can be accessed here:
Mayank Mehta, Partner
- Advising Fincare Small Finance Bank in investment from True North, Wagner Limited (TA Associates), Tata Capital Financial Services, Omega TC Holdings Pte. Ltd. (Tata Opportunity Fund), Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance, Edelweiss Tokio, Ecap Equities, Leapfrog Rural Inclusion (India) (KKR), Religare, SIDBI, Jhelum Investment Fund I (HDFC Fund) and certain individuals
- Advising Gaja Capital in its investment in Suryoday Small Finance Bank, a small finance
bank registered with RBI
- Advising Amicus Capital Partners for its investment in Altum Credo Home Finance. a non banking financial company (NBFC) with a focus on housing loan.
- Advising New India Co-operative Bank in structuring of its loan documents for various types of loans and credit facilities.
- Advising TA Associates in its investment in Prudent Corporate Advisory, a company engaged in the distribution of mutual funds and other wealth products in India
- Advising True North in acquisition of a majority stake in Home First Finance Company India, a housing finance company registered with the National Housing Bank
- Advising Gaja Capital with respect to its investment in Avendus Capital. As part of this transaction, Redpoint Investments (KKR) and Yogesh Agencies & Investments have also invested in Avendus Captial
- Advising Terra Motors, Japan in acquisition of a non-banking financial company (NBFC) along with its partner in India.
- Advising Disha Microfin (NBFC – MFI) from time to time in relation its business contracts.
- Advising Future Financial Services (NBFC – MFI) from time to time in relation its business contracts.
- Advising New India Co-operative Bank in acquisition of debt portfolio from a non banking financial company (NBFC) by way of debt assignment.
- Advising the Fincare Group and Disha Microfin from time to time in setting up of a small bank and assisting in obtaining a licence from the RBI for commencing operations as small bank.
- Advising True North in its investment in Magma Fincorp, a non-banking financial company listed on stock exchanges in India.
- Advising Baring Private Equity Asia in its investment in Karvy Stock Broking, which is one of the largest stock broking companies in India.